Main Article Content
The present study was aimed towards the formulation and evaluation of Glucosamine Hydrochloride modified release tablets of 1500mg tablets in aiming to control the release over 24hours with bi-phasic release model as immediate release followed by controlled release of the dosage form. Around 40% of Glucosamine Hydrochloride i.e., 600mg was aimed to release immediately and remaining 60% of Glucosamine Hydrochloride was aimed to release in a controlled manner. Different grades at different concentrations of hydroxy propyl methylcellulose were used to achieve controlled release. Blend parameters, Physical parameters and Dissolution profile were taken as the basis to optimize the controlled release tablet. It was observed that formulation F7 was able to control the release of Glucosamine till 24hrs.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.